(This column is posted at www.StevenSavage.com, www.SeventhSanctum.com, and Steve’s Tumblr)
And it’s time for another Scrum style standup! OK it’s weekly, and I prefer them daily but that’s a bit much.
First a note – I had a nasty allergy attack around Thursday which held a few things up. I’m overall on time/ahead of my plans but it was annoying
So what have I done the last week?
- Way With Worlds Minibook #1: Editor had a bit of a delay, so I expect to get things in a few days.
- Way With Worlds Minibook #5: Got actually 10 questions written. I find more and more these are best written in large amounts.
- Way With Worlds Marketing: The bookmarks came. They are awesome. Let me strongly recommend Club Flyers.
- Seventh Sanctum Spotlight: I held off on this when some allergies hit. I’ll probably start them off in a week or so.
- Professional: Two professional meetups, they were awesome. I really enjoy the “Agile Crowd” here in the valley.
- Social: Bad movie event was great. We saw “Mac And Me” which was hideous, but before that watched “Misfits” which was good.
- “A Bridge To The Silent Planet:” A bit harder than I expected. It’s about 1/4 plotted with some outlines out to the end. It’s becoming a bit more of a small novel – neither a doorstop nor a novella. Which I realized is what I want. However it’s a bit hard to shake the rust off so its’ slower than I wanted – and the allergies didn’t help.
What am I going to do this week:
- Way With Worlds Minibook #5: Write more of course.
- Seventh Sanctum Spotlight: May or may not do this.
- Professional: One professional event this week.
- Social: Got a barbecue and otherwise will work on creative projects.
- “A Bridge To The Silent Planet:” I plan to finish the plot outline this week.
- General: Some basic chores and such.
Challenges and blockers:
- The allergies hit hard. I might delay a few things unless these clear up in the next day two. Expect a possible “revised sprint.”