(This column is posted at www.StevenSavage.com, www.SeventhSanctum.com, and Steve’s Tumblr)
Let’s get to my weekly Scrum style standups – and this is a pretty big milestone!
So for a month I’ve been using a lot more Scrum/Agile techniques, and that includes these weekly reports. Now I can assess how it went!
The answer? Pretty damn good.
More done, less stress, better sense of what I’m doing, more adaptability. There’s a lot of blog posts about to come on this (which is also good as my blogging is erratic and I want to fix that). These posts should also help you get up to speed as well, and after I tweak my methods I’ll probably do a roundup.
Major goals of this month:
- Get Way With Worlds Minibook #1 back from editor.
- Write at least 30 more questions for Minibook #5 and/or #6.
- Start and write first chapter of my fiction piece “A Bridge To The Quiet Planet.”
- Attend Fanime and speak (probably one day as Professor Oobleck)
- Some general writing.
- Experiment with Amazon Ads.
But hey it’s the end of one Sprint and the start of a new, so let’s get to status!
So what have I done the last week?
- Way With Worlds Minibook #1: This is not late exactly as I had no deadline, but clearly have to check with my editor.
- Way With Worlds Marketing: The newly printed bookmarks come today. So yay!
- Publicity: I’ve wanted to reach out to comic shops to speak at. So far it’s kind of 50/50 on possible results – one not interested, one interested but noncommittal, two interested.
- Seventh Sanctum Spotlight: Got people responding so I will probably start that this week!
- General: A few social events here and there, nothing much out of the ordinary.
What am I going to do this week:
- Way With Worlds Minibook #5: Write at least five more questions. I may need to accelerate these.
- Seventh Sanctum Spotlight: Post my first entry.
- Professional: I have two professional events coming up,this week.
- Social: I also have a Bad Movie Event with some friends and my girlfriend. Thinking this week might not be the most productive.
- “A Bridge To The Silent Planet:” I’m going to plot this in one go or so over the weekend. It’ll actually involve an experiment in writing organization.
Challenges and blockers:
- Fanime may or may not have me do a third panel. If they do, then I have to spend time to polish it. I’ve budgeted time.